14 February 2014

Changing comment fonts on blogger

I can't believe I spent time doing this, i.e., finding a way to change the fonts on the comments field, but it was easy, thanks to these instructions.  I was prompted to do by Sabio's comment.(Fonts on the comments field were bold (and big and ugly).) So, here is the algorithm:

First, save the current remplate:
Design > Template > Backup/Restore > Download Full Template > Close
Then
Edit HTML > Proceed 
Within the HTML code, just below the lines
/* Variable definitions
 ==================== 
insert the code 
<Variable name="sscommentfont" description="Comment Font" type="font"
         default="normal normal 100% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana, Sans-serif" value="normal normal 100% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana, Sans-serif"/>  
     <Variable name="sscommentcolor" description="Comment Color" type="color" default="#000000" value="#000000"/>
Then, just above the line
#comments {
insert the code
.comments .comments-content .comment-content, .ss{
    font: $sscommentfont;
    color: $sscommentcolor;
}
Click Save Template. Then go again to
Design > Template > Customize > Advanced
and you will see a new entry, Comment Font, which can be edited.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, good job. That was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I will bookmark this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Alice. This makes me feel I haven't completely wasted up my time. (It's useful for at least somebody else too!)
      By the way, I noticed your blog moved. Have you deleted all the stuff on your personal de-conversion experience? Just wondering. As I said before, I liked the way you were describing things.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have deleted them for now. I explain that since my husband hasn't read it (although he knew I was writing it) I felt strange about having it public. I still have it saved in several formats, so it will probably reappear someday:)

      Delete
  3. This is actually VERY useful. I'm customizing just about everything on my blog, and the existing ugly fonts on the comment section were driving me crazy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it helped. And thanks very much for telling me! Hope it helps boost your creativity and multitasking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much! I found another tutorial that didn't help at all but this is so easy. Really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome. In this blog, we focus on rationality, that includes a logical approach to everything in life, including writing down, whatever little we know, in a nice, structured, manner.

    ReplyDelete




T H E B O T T O M L I N E

What measure theory is about

It's about counting, but when things get too large.
Put otherwise, it's about addition of positive numbers, but when these numbers are far too many.

The principle of dynamic programming

max_{x,y} [f(x) + g(x,y)] = max_x [f(x) + max_y g(x,y)]

The bottom line

Nuestras horas son minutos cuando esperamos saber y siglos cuando sabemos lo que se puede aprender.
(Our hours are minutes when we wait to learn and centuries when we know what is to be learnt.) --António Machado

Αγεωμέτρητος μηδείς εισίτω.
(Those who do not know geometry may not enter.) --Plato

Sapere Aude! Habe Muth, dich deines eigenen Verstandes zu bedienen!
(Dare to know! Have courage to use your own reason!) --Kant